Palace museum dedicated to famed artist, with a collection of contemporary sculptures & paintings.
The building, located in the Flaminio district near the Faculty of Architecture, various Ministries, the Explora Museum, the Auditorium Parco della Musica, MAXXI and various museum institutions, was built by the sculptor Hendrik C. Andersen as his home and atelier between 1922 and 1924, designed by the engineer Francesco Settimi. The building, built on three floors and a basement-storage, has on the ground floor two large halls-ateliers in which the permanent collections are set up, a first noble floor with a large terrace intended to host temporary exhibitions and two other floors above. From 1996 to 1999 the building underwent restoration of the structures, decorative parties and functional systems.
Lazio Region and the city of Rome, for its large and airy spaces, for the presence of a vast and varied collection of sculpture, painting, graphics and applied arts and, together with the museum houses Boncompagni Ludovisi and Mario Praz, all state and based in Rome, is a reference point for the museum houses of the Region (regional, municipal and private) which are more than a dozen and include not only the homes of artists, collectors and homes of illustrious families but also of writers and musicians.
Via Pasquale Stanislao Mancini, 20, 00196 Roma RM, Italy
+39 06 321 9089