Consulat General italy in Dubai
Giuseppe Finocchiaro was born in Catania, Italy, on 9 August 1974. He graduated at the University of Catania in 1998 with a Law degree defending a dissertation on “The International Criminal Court”.
- He started his diplomatic career at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2001.
- His first assignment was at the Department for Diplomatic Disputes and International Agreements.
- After serving as Consul in Cologne, Germany (2003–2007), and as Deputy Head of Mission at the Italian Embassy in Kiev, Ukraine (2007-2011), he returned to the Headquarters of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rome to work at the Office of the Inspector General.
- In 2012 he was promoted to the rank of Counsellor.
- On 28 July 2014 he was appointed as Head of Unit for Internal and International Legal Affairs within the Department for Legal Affairs, Diplomatic Disputes and International Agreements.On 11 May 2016 he took office as Consul General in Chicago, Illinois, with territorial jurisdiction over Illinois, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- In 2017 he was promoted to the rank of First Counsellor.
- On 12 October 2020 he took office as Consul General in Dubai, with territorial jurisdiction over the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah, Ras al Khaimah, Fujairah, Ajman, Umm-al-Quwain.
- Knight of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
- Married to Mrs. Fabiola Di Clemente.
- He is proficient in English, French, Spanish and German and fluent in Russian.