Castle Museum in Kwidzyn, Kwidzyn, Elbląg Voivodeship, Poland
Kwidzyn Castle is a castle in Kwidzyn , Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship; in Poland. It is an example of Teutonic Knights’ castles architecture.
The castle is located by Gdańska Street in Kwidzyn. The castle was used as a chapter house for the Pomesanians, who built it at the beginning of the 14th century – in a square formation with a courtyard and square keeps in the corners of the castle’s square formation; and a dansker supported by five arcades. King Władysław II Jagiełło took over the castle, while heading battles against the Teutonic Knights in 1410. The Second Peace of Toruń seeded the castle to the Teutonic Knights
Visit Poland. Epic Poland Adventure Route © All Rights Reserved | Monika & Simon Newbound 2017