Belgrave Square is a large, grandiose architecture 19th-century garden square in London. It is the centrepiece of Belgravia and its architecture resembles the original scheme of property contractor Thomas Cubitt who engaged George Basevi for all of the terraces for the 2nd Earl Grosvenor, later the 1st Marquess of Westminster, in the 1820s.
Immediately south-west of Hyde Park Corner, Belgrave Square Garden is Belgravia’s green and leafy centrepiece, a 4.5-acre private garden that was designed by George Basevi and first planted by Thomas Cubitt in 1826. Now restored to its 1867 layout, it features large plane trees, some dating back to the original planting, pretty wisteria-covered pergolas, rose bushes, a tennis court and a play area for children. Belgrave Square Garden, like much of Belgravia, is committed to public art and often features temporary art installations. A permanent statue of Sir Robert Grosvenor by Jonathan Wylder is located just outside the garden.