This red-and-yellow bridge designed by Sir Alexander Binnie links Pimlico on the north bank of the Thames with Vauxhall, a major south London interchange, on the south bank. Vauxhall Bridge is a Grade II* listed steel and granite deck arch bridge in central London. It crosses the River Thames in a southeast-northwest direction between Vauxhall on the south bank and Pimlico on the north bank. Opened in 1906, it replaced an earlier bridge, originally known as Regent Bridge but later renamed Vauxhall Bridge, built between 1809 and 1816
A steel and granite arch bridge, Vauxhall Bridge was designed by Sir Alexander Binnie and opened in 1906. It is decorated with monumental bronze statues designed by Alfred Drury and Frederick Pomeroy. For more than one hundred years, Vauxhall was home to the world’s most famous pleasure gardens.
London Multi-Entry Multi-Directional VVIP Visitors Guide © Simon Newbound