Tynda Airport, Tynda, Amur Oblast, Russia
The history of the airport as a standalone runway built during the World War II years, where American planes which flown from Alaska stopped to refuel.
As the airport opened in 1965, to October 26, 1974, opens regular flights from Komsomolsk-on-Amur – Chegdomyn – Tynda. Over 1974 passengers were sent to 6592, and in connection with the construction of the Baikal–Amur Mainline by 1975 the airport already 23,830 passengers passed in the airport.
From 1988 to 1992 the reconstruction was taking place with the construction of the terminal, which includes a terminal with a capacity of 100 people per hour, ticket hall, snack bar, lounge with 500 seats, lounges, navigation and meteorological service. the runway has been increased to 1923 meters.
Epic Russia Culture & Adventure Route © Monika Newbound