The Kilpeck Inn was originally a cottage built around 1650 from stones taken from the local Norman castle when it was broken down during the English Civil War. The recently restored remains of the castle are adjacent to the renowned 12th century Kilpeck church, described by Simon Jenkins as England’s most perfect Norman church, which is just 200 yards away from the Inn’s front door.
The Inn opened as a small village pub, known as the Red Lion, around 1750, and held an important role in village life for over 250 years. In 2005 it closed and following a vigorous ‘Save Our Pub’ campaign re-opened in May 2010 as The Kilpeck Inn after a major 18-month refurbishment project.
Located in the historic village of Kilpeck in the heart of the beautiful south Herefordshire countryside only 9 miles from Hereford. The Kilpeck Inn offers the best local and seasonal food, real ales and fine wines in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Kilpeck is famous for its beautiful Romanesque church which is just a few minutes’ walk from the inn. The Inn itself has held a central role in village life for over 250 years and after an extensive refurbishment project re-opened in 2010 as a perfect example of a contemporary country inn.
Come and sit by the fireside and enjoy a pint of local ale, have a light lunch in the bar or enjoy a delicious meal in the dining room, or stay the night in one of our luxurious, crisp and comfortable ensuite bedrooms.