Stratford Park is a 56 acre park located just outside the centre of Stroud, with a great range of facilities to suit all kinds of recreation. The park has won the Green Flag Award on multiple occasions by Keep Britain Tidy and also a Special Innovation Award winner for Community involvement. In April 1935 the Stratford Park estate, including the grounds and mansion house was purchased by the then Stroud Urban District Council (one of the predecessors of Stroud District Council).
The bowling green and tennis courts were developed first, followed by the outdoor pool (lido) in 1937. The first head groundsman took up residence in the mansion house (now the Museum in the Park which opened in 2001). In 1975 the Leisure Centre building was opened within the grounds of the park to provide a whole new range of leisure provisions for the people of Stroud.
Stratford Park includes a leisure centre (including an outdoor pool and tennis courts), museum, play area, skate park, lawn bowling green, children’s nursery, miniature railway, arboretum/woodland, lake, bandstand and free parking.