Saint Andrew Cathedral Church, Patras, Greece
St Andrew’s Cathedral or Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew is a Greek Orthodox basilica in the east side of the city of Patras in Greece. Along with the nearby old church of St. Andrew, it constitutes a place of pilgrimage for Christians from all over the world. It is dedicated to the First-called Apostle of Christ, Saint Andrew. Construction of the Greek Byzantine-style church began in 1908 under the supervision of the architect Anastasios Metaxas, followed by Georgios Nomikos. It was inaugurated 66 years later, in 1974. It covers approximately 1,800 square meters (some other sources say 2,000). It is the largest church in Greece.
Visit Greece. Epic Greece Adventure Route © Monika Newbound