Old Jews Gate Cemetery
Jews’ Gate Cemetery is a Jewish cemetery located on Windmill Hill within a nature reserve in the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar. Also known as the Windmill Hill Cemetery, it is the site of the earliest known Jewish burials in Gibraltar. The cemetery opened by 1746 and closed in 1848. It is the burial site of a number of Gibraltar’s Chief Rabbis. The graveyard is protected by the law of Gibraltar.
Gibraltar Visitors Guide © Simon Monika Newbound