Nagoya Castle

This restored castle originally completed in 1612 features artifacts & exhibits on the Edo Period. In 1610, Tokugawa Ieyasu began the construction of Nagoya Castle, as a residence for his son Yoshinao. The castle burned down in the war, but in 1959, the five-story main tower keep (approx. 48 meters), with its golden shachi ornaments, and the sub-tower keep (approx. 24 meters) were reconstructed.

The Nagoya Omotenashi Bushotai greet visitors every day at the main gate and were the reason behind the bushotai boom across the nation.  They also put on an omotenashi performance on weekends and national holidays. In addition, Hommaru Palace was fully opened to the public on June 8, 2018, after the completion of reconstruction work that had taken over 10 years.

Show all timings
  • Saturday09:00 - 16:30
  • Monday09:00 - 16:30
  • Sunday09:00 - 16:30
  • Tuesday09:00 - 16:30
  • Wednesday09:00 - 16:30
  • Thursday09:00 - 16:30
  • Friday09:00 - 16:30
building Own or work here? Claim Now! Claim Now!