Sheikh / Dr.Ahmed Nasser Al-Mohammed Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kuwait H.H Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Nasser Al Mohammad Al Sabah calls High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
A foreign affairs minister or minister of foreign affairs is generally a cabinet minister in charge of a state’s foreign policy and relations. The formal title of the top official varies between countries. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is one of the governmental bodies of Kuwait and part of the cabinet.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers through its Department of Consular Affairs and its 6 branches (Liberation Tower – Jaber AlAli – Sabhan – Kuwait Airport – Sedeeq – Jahra) a variety of consular services to Kuwaiti Citizens in and out of Kuwait that include:
– Receive all complaints related to citizens abroad and directing the mission to contact them and follow up on their cases.
– Grant permission to the issuance of emergency travel documents for citizens that misplaced/lost their passports abroad.
– Renew travel documents of students, patients, and their accompanying caretakers abroad in coordination with the Ministry of Interior Affairs.
– Manage the cases of deceased citizens abroad, in coordination with the appropriate relevant Kuwaiti diplomatic mission. Including the transport of the deceased in coordination with the Ministries of Health, Interior and Public Authority of Civil Information.
– Verify the validity of legal standings and inheritance of citizens abroad, in coordination with the Ministry of Justice.
– Relay all the appropriate legal agency accreditations issued from the embassies of the State of Kuwait abroad to the Ministry of Justice.
– Communicate with the Ministry of Education and the Public Authority for Higher Education to verify the validity of academic accreditations and certifications issued abroad.
– Receive and audit the validity of seals and signatures stamped on official documents.
– Collect fees for certification of official documents, as well as verifications of certificates.
– Receive and send legal notices through approved diplomatic channels.