Manukau Heads Lighthouse, Huia, Manukau Heads 2684, Auckland, New Zealand
The Lighthouse was first built in 1874 and has been meticulously refurbished and rebuilt using pieces from the original building. It has been relocated to a new site beside the Manukau Heads Signal Station platform which has been on this site since 1865. Amazing views of the Manukau Heads and Bar can be seen from this view point.
View the turbulent waters and shifting shoals of the Manukau Heads, where the HMS Orpheus ran aground in 1863.
Epic New Zealand Culture & Adventure Route © Monika Newbound