Lighthouse Kolobrzeg ,Kołobrzeg, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland
The first light of the lighthouse in Kolobrzeg lit in 1666. However, it shone periodically, only while waiting for the arrival of ships. Permanently lit lantern light Kolobrzeg only 200 years later, he served ago mast with jib mounted on the pilot station. Burned at the Fresnel lights on rapeseed oil, consuming 77 kg per year of fuel. In 1899, increased lantern light thereby improving its visibility. Another modification is introduced in 1909 they used the gas source of light at a height of 25 meters in a newly constructed brick tower. Provided the lamp increased to 12 mm. Destroyed during the war in 1945. The lighthouse was rebuilt soon. Tower was built using the structure of the old fort standing at the entrance to the port of Kolobrzeg.
Today, the lighthouse tower rises to a height of 26 m above ground and its range reaches up to 16 nautical miles. The light source apparatus is rotatable optical ten light walls, and each side wall are provided two light bulbs, each having a power of 200 W. The light lamp rises to a height of 36.5 m.
Visit Poland. Epic Poland Adventure Route © All Rights Reserved | Monika & Simon Newbound 2017