Igreja São Benedito, State of Piauí, Brazil
The Church Saint Benedict originated the second parish of the city. In 1924, Manoel José Ferreira de Carvalho and Julieta Duarte de Carvalho donated a portion of their property to the Brotherhood of St. Benedict who began to build the church in 1948.
The construction of the church lasted several years and a large part of the funds destined for construction originated from several Campaigns promoted by the community. The first mass of Saint Benedict Church occurred in 1957 with the building still under construction and without the finalization of its main altar, which was inaugurated only on January 1, 1958.
Visit Brazil. Epic Brazil Adventure Route © All Rights Reserved | Monika & Simon Newbound 2017