Holy Trinity Orthodox Monastery Cheboksary, Cheboksary, Chuvashia, Russia
Cheboksary Holy Trinity Monastery was founded in 1566 by the decree of Tsar John the Terrible. The monastery was created for missionary purposes, for the preaching of Orthodoxy among the pagan peoples of the Volga region, had a dormitory charter. In 1924 it was closed by the Soviet authorities. In 1993 it was reopened and began to recover. Until 2009, the abbot of the monastery was hegumen, later archimandrite, bishop Savvaty (Antonov). Since December 25, 2009 the abbot of the monastery is the abbot Vasily (Pasquier).
Epic Russia Culture & Adventure Route © Monika Newbound