It all began back in 1890, when Giuseppe and Bernardina Giolitti opened a dairy at Salita del Grillo, where they sold their own milk from the pastures of the Roman countryside. In a short time, thanks to the quality of its products, it became the dairy of the Royal House. A few years later other “Giolitti” places were opened, including the now historic headquarters in Via Uffici del Vicario, where one of their sons, Nazzareno, together with his wife Giuseppina, joined the sale of milk with a vegetarian restaurant and began the ice cream business.
After the war, the restaurant had a great development, and quickly became one of the most famous and successful cremerie and ice cream parlors in the capital. The son of Nazzareno: Silvano, dedicated particular care to ice cream, personally creating the recipes, the same that still give his three children and his wife, jealously preserve. Today, after three generations, you can find the same tastes and flavors of then, fresh and natural products make our ice creams appreciated all over the world. A historic meeting place for the Romans and for the numerous members of the Chamber of Deputies, it is also a must for foreign visitors who flock to the city of Rome all year round. In 1960 the EUR office was opened and numerous franchising operations were started all over the world.