Cheltenham General Hospital
Cheltenham General Hospital is an NHS district general hospital in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, run by Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. It provides general hospital services including Accident and Emergency.
The Cheltenham Provident Dispensary was founded in 1813, and after moving to Seward House, was renamed Cheltenham General Hospital in 1839. The new General Hospital building in Sandford Road, designed by D. J. Humphries and built between 1848 and 1849, has since served as the main hospital in Cheltenham. It took over the operation of the Cheltenham Ophthalmic Hospital c.1882, and joined the National Health Service in 1948.