Owen Jenkins CMG British Ambassador to Indonesia

Owen Jenkins is the British Ambassador to Indonesia and Timor-Leste. He took up his post in July 2019.

Before his appointment as Ambassador, Owen was the British Prime Minister’s Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, responsible for engaging at the highest levels in the region and internationally on issues such as the Afghan peace process, cooperation on counter-terrorism and bilateral relations. He was also the Director at the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) responsible for South Asia and Afghanistan, covering Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Nepal and Pakistan. This involved overseeing all of the UK’s diplomatic engagement in the region, including responsibility for over 3000 staff and an operational budget of £120M+.

A career diplomat, Owen joined the FCDO in 1991. He has served in British missions in Turkey, Argentina, Brussels (at the UK’s representation to the EU) and India, where he was based at the UK government’s development arm, DFID. He has worked on diverse issues, from the Balkan wars of the 1990s to climate change and economics, with a consistent interest in international security, emerging markets and the links between prosperity and sustainability.

Outside work, Owen enjoys reading almost anything (but particularly novels, popular science and history), outdoor pursuits, including climbing and sailing (at both of which he is rapidly being outclassed by his three children) and travelling. As a north Londoner, he supports Arsenal.

British Consulate Bali

If you’re in Indonesia and you need advice which is not covered by reading our travel advice then you can contact us online If you’re in Indonesia and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +62 (21) 2356 5200 / +44 1908 51 6666 (24/7, 365 days a year).

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel. Apply online for an emergency travel document If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf. If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be eligible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document.


Rate us and Write a Review

Your Rating for this listing


Your review is recommended to be at least 140 characters long


Show all timings
  • Monday08:30 - 12:00
  • Wednesday08:30 - 12:00
  • Friday08:30 - 12:00
building Own or work here? Claim Now! Claim Now!